I haven’t posted a baking post in ages and when I got together with my friends to have a Harry Potter marathon (I am obsessed) I wanted to make a delicious, HEALTHY, cozy treat to curl up on the couch with. And that is how my Paleo Blueberry bars came to be 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 16 oz bag frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and take out your eggs and coconut oil (to ensure that they are room temperature) and spray your baking tray with coconut oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into one big bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into another smaller bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. The mixture should appear slightly rough (not like usual cake batter).
- Spoon the wet and dry mixed ingredients into the tray. Pat down the batter so that it is smooth on the top. Once the batter is smooth dump the frozen wild blueberries on top of the batter (optional: and sprinkle the blueberries with coconut sugar).
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes and then enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!