Two baking recipes in a row?
I’ve been really enjoying baked goodies right now…
I was recently watching the ‘Great American Baking Show’ and on one of the episodes the contestants had to make Mary Berry’s Apple and Almond Cake. They talked about how the recipe was gluten free and I instantly thought- I can make that even healthier but just as tasty… and then I thought well at least I could try to make it as great as Baking Goddess Mary Berry’s…
So I got to baking…
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 small Pink Lady Apple (Cut into small chunks)
1/2 cup almond meal (coarser than almond flour)
2 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
sprinkle with almond slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease or line a cake tin.
- Mix the first 9 ingredients into a big bowl until well incorporated. Then in a separate small bowl add all the ‘separate’ ingredients – it should become a sticky paste.
- Then pour the paste into the big bowl and mix all together.
- Pour the batter into the pre-prepared cake tin and sprinkle with almond slices.
- Bake in the oven for around 50 min but check 10 min before- the skewer should come out clean but a little bit of crumbs on the skewer is a good sign to take it out.
Hope you enjoyed todays recipe!
Stay tuned for next weeks post!