One of the first posts on my blog was a dog biscuit recipe, you guys seemed to love it (and so did my dog) so I decided to make a holiday version of the biscuit!
Ingredients: Makes 29 biscuits.
2 cups whole wheat flour (Plus some extra for powdering the surface)
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup almond butter
2/3 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup almond or skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and place parchment paper on a large tray.
- Mix all the ingredients into one big bowl.
- Put some of the flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough. The using either a biscuit cutter or a knife start to cut out your shapes.
- Instead of just making bone shapes, this time I also cut out some mini christmas trees, just to spice it up a little 🙂
- Place the dough shapes on to the tray and bake for 20 min.
- Let the biscuits cool and then feed to your pup (You can even try one if you wish 😉
- Hope your pup enjoys!
These would also make a cool treat/present for your pup on Christmas Day!
Hope this recipe was helpful!