I love chocolate chip cookies, they are one of my favorite cookies (right behind my favorite- oatmeal raisin cookie). Food should be something you enjoy and feel comfortable and happy eating, so I have created a guilt-free and delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie! The creamy almond butter makes this the perfect paleo cookie- moist and chewy! (ooh I hate the word moist- it kind of just makes me cringe- sorry… haha)I hope you enjoy the recipe and find the cookies as wonderful and decadent as my friends and family did!
(By the way they are great dunked into a cup of tea or crumbled a top of vanilla ice cream- though that option is not as guilt free…haha)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Steps: 17 cookies
- Firstly preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking tray with coconut oil or use parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat an egg with the vanilla extract. Then add in the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Then slowly add in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients together. If the dough seems a bit too rough add in the tablespoon of almond milk.
- Once all the dry ingredients have been incorporated add in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and dot them on the greased sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.